8 EASY WAYS TO CUT DOWN ON DAIRY

dairy free ice cream
ways to be dairy free

Whether it's for health reasons, skin concerns or ethical reasons, going dairy free can be quite a big lifestyle change. For me, I started to avoid dairy for health reasons around 5 years ago and aside from the occasional bar of dairy milk & sprinkling of goats cheese I'm now around 90% dairy free. My skin is so much better and I feel a lot healthier, I'm so glad I made the change.

Here's 8 things that will hopefully help if you're considering cutting down on dairy:

1. Discover what you will miss the most and find a really good alternative. For me it was Macaroni cheese, my favourite comfort meal. Luckily I found 'Amy's Dairy & Gluten free Mac & Cheeze' whilst I worked on recipes for a homemade version. It hits the spot, I can pop it in the oven for an easy meal & it keeps my cheesy pasta cravings at bay.

2. Find out which milk is best for you. There's a huge range of dairy free milk options around now meaning that you won't have to miss out on your morning cup of tea or bowl of cereal! Take your pick from Rice milk, Soya milk, Oat milk, Coconut milk, Almond Milk or Hazelnut milk (to name a few!). Hazelnut milk combined with Green & Blacks cocoa powder makes a delicious hot chocolate, Soya Milk is slightly creamy and so good in tea and Alpro Almond milk is my favourite everyday milk for cereal, baking and everything else.

3. Keep frozen bananas at hand to blend with raw cocoa powder & maple syrup to make 'nice-cream', or, if you want something a little more indulgent, try Almond Dream's divine salted caramel ice cream or Booja Booja's incredible Hunky Punky Chocolate Ice cream (made from creamy cashews!).

4. Read Deliciously Ella's Cookbook for meal inspiration, recipes & an awesome alternative to Nutella!

5. Replace Milk chocolate with dairy free Dark chocolate.

6. Check out Gem and Lily's youtube channels, I've discovered so many amazing Vegan snacks (Oreos, Biscoff caramelised biscuit spread, dairy free cream cheese) and got incredible meal inspiration & recipes from their blogs and channels.

7. Create a few favourite, staple dairy free meals. For me it's nourishment bowls with Quinoa, roasted butternut squash, houmous, lettuce and stir-fried cashews, homemade chips sprinkled with chilli & paprika, jacket potatoes loaded with warming vegan chilli (my recipe here!) and pasta with vegan basil pesto.

8. Whether it's pizza, cheesecake or cupcakes that you're looking for, there's normally a great dairy free option available. Pinterest is a great resource to find recipes, #whatveganseat on instagram has so many food inspiration & ideas and amazon has a tonne of incredible recipe books.

    Posts Related

  • food,lifestyle,Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment