VALENTINES PINK & RED LIP PICKS

With Valentines day right around the corner, I've been reaching for my favourite pink and red lipsticks. I'll probably just be spending Valentines day at home, in my favourite Asos pyjamas with Netflix and popcorn (I'm addicted to Reign!), maybe in the evening we'll rustle up a candlelit homemade meal to mark the occasion. Although we don't ever really do too much on Valentines, I love to wear a red or pink lip on the day!
The Pinks

I've given up hope for snowy winter days and so I've decided to embrace pink lips again and let a few spring picks creep their way back into my make up bag for the lead up to Valentines day. A current favourite and the one I'll probably end up wearing on the day is Revlon Sultry Samba. This pigmented creamy fuchsia packs a punch, it's a bold shade that pairs well with lots of mascara, a champagne highlighter and a nude pencil in the waterline.

Another favourite and strong contender for the day is Nars Yu, a shocking pink with an impressive formula. This budge-proof lip pencil feels soft and creamy on application and is a universally flattering shade, worn with dewy make up it's ideal for a fresh, healthy look.

My last pink pick Revlon Showy is a dupe for Chanel La Diva, this cool toned pink is remarkably similar to its high end dupe, albeit a little less long lasting. Luckily, the crayon style applicator means that it's easy to pop in your bag for application on the go and the pigmented formula means that you just need one swipe for lasting colour.
The Reds

Moving onto the reds, Nars Velvet Lip Pencil in Cruella is another top pick for Valentines day. I have only the highest praise for Nars lip pencil formula's, they're something else! Creamy, long lasting and pigmented this deep scarlet red is so comfortable on the lips and it's such a gorgeous shade!

L'Oreal Exclusives Lipstick in Blake is the one for dry, parched lips as the addition of Jojoba oil in this classic red lipstick helps to keep lips soft and hydrated. Great for date nights and paired with a shimmery highlighter dusted on the cupids bow this sophisticated red gives an effortless, polished pout.

Lastly, Clinique Cherry Pop is the latest red to my collection, a bright blue toned red with an inbuilt primer this perky bold red lasts well on the lips. It's the perfect shade for winter and Valentines day, how dreamy is the packaging!

What's your favourite pink/red lipstick?

    Posts Related

  • beauty,Make up

No comments:

Post a Comment