3 Ways a Bold Lipstick Makes Life More Fun! (Makeup.com Feature)


I started wearing bold red lips over 20 years ago and it's become my signature look...so much so, that my logo is designed with that in mind!  I often stick to shades of red, but vary between brands and tones...a bright fire-engine red, cherry red, a deep crimson. It makes me feel confident and ready to face the day, and it helps people remember me too.
Nyx Simply Red Lip Cream in "Candy Apple"

When I got a call from Makeup.com asking for my thoughts on wearing bold lipstick shades, I definitely had an opinion or two to share! Clients often say that they "just can't" wear a bright color, especially red....not true!  ANYONE can wear a bold red lip....you just have to experiment to find the shade that works for you, as well as the formula....some are easier to wear than others.  For example,  even if they are the exact same color...a sheer gloss can be easier to wear than a highly pigmented matte shade applied straight from the tube. My advice?  Start with a bright berry (works on everyone) and then work your way up to the fiery, intense reds, gaining confidence as you go.
"Hellbent" by Kat Von D

One thing is for sure, be ready for attention....if you choose to wear a vivid red....people WILL notice!  A few of my favorite reds are: Hellbent by Kat Von D, Infrared by Smashbox and the classic Ruby Woo from MAC....all are intense, matte shades that last all day and are true reds, not too orange.   A current affordable favorite is Nyx Lipcream in Candy Apple....easy to apply, it's a gorgeous shade and it's only about $6.50 too!
Click here to read the Makeup.com feature for three reasons I think wearing a bold lip makes life easier and more fun....and then go shopping and find your perfect red!


Are you brave enough try out a sexy red lip for Valentine's Day later this week?  I can't think of a better time.....  ; )

    Posts Related

  • Beauty Expert,Beauty Tips,Bold,Bright Lip,Candy Apple,classic red lips,Favorite Red Lipsticks,Hellbent,Infrared,Kat Von D,Lip Service Makeup,Makeup.com,Nyx,Red,Reviews,Smashbox,Valentine's Day

No comments:

Post a Comment