SUMMER BEAUTY

summer beauty
With Summer on it's way, I've placed springs pastels to the side and pulled out creams, brights and lighter bases ready for the warm summer days. 

Caudalie Beauty Elixir is a staple for me on sweltering hot days, it contains organic balm mint, rosemary, grape, rose and orange blossom to smooth the skin and give a burst of radiance. Just a couple of spritzes of this refreshing beauty mist perks up dull skin and leaves it feeling cool and fresh.
No other eye cream really compares to Balance Me Wonder Eye Cream for me, it's a rich but lightweight cream that contains virgin coconut, rosehip and carrot oils, brightening lemon oil, cucumber oil and hydrating hyaluronic acid. I've been using this on and off for a couple of years now, it's the only eye cream that's ever made a noticeable difference to my dark circles.

I always opt for cream or gel based eyeshadows in the summer, Maybelline Colour Tattoo's in Eternal Gold and And on Bronze are so easy to use for a quick wash of colour over the eyes and they last all day on me without creasing or smudging. For an everyday shade I like to wear Maybelline Eternal Gold (swatched here) with lot's of mascara and a shimmery peach lipgloss.

For blusher, Sleek Rose Gold is the perfect summer shade, it's a dreamy coral pink with flecks of gold which gives you a beautiful warm summer glow. Topshop Head Over Heels is a creamy, coral peach blusher that blends seamlessly as a cream before setting in place as a powder. It works so well used with Topshop Glow Highlighter in Polished, a beautiful, almost ethereal highlighter. MAC Gleam eyeshadow - a shimmery golden peach shade, also works well as a summer highlighter, both really help to brighten the complexion and give a pretty glow to your cheeks.

I've been reluctant to move away from wearing deep reds, greys and berry shades on my nails this year but Essie Peach Daiquiri - a bright peachy pink, and Essie Vanity Fairest - a shimmery pastel pink are so pretty for summer. I've been wearing Essie Peach Daiquiri on my toes and Essie Vanity Fairest on my fingers for a soft, pretty manicure.

On my lips, I've pulled out two of my favourite pinks, Nars satin lip pencil in Yu (swatched here), a beautiful bright cool toned pink that works well worn alone or dabbed on as a stain and Revlon Sultry Samba (swatched here) which is a matte fuchsia pink that lasts well on the lips and feels soft and creamy in texture.

Lastly, for fragrance I'm still so in love with Marc Jacobs Daisy Dream. It's a breezy, girly scent with notes of blackberry, jasmine, pear and coconut water that and smells delicate, warm, airy and light.

What are your beauty picks for Summer?

    Posts Related

  • beauty,Make up,Nails,Reviews,Skincare

No comments:

Post a Comment