A SUMMER CANDLE

diptyque baies

Diptyque Baies is my first dabble into luxe candles and into Diptyque as a brand. Everything from the lavish packaging to the divine scent conjures up images of French perfumeries and sophistication, it has such a beautiful aesthetic and I can see why they're such a popular brand.

Although pricey, if properly cared for Diptyque mini candles last for up to 30 hours burn time. Each candle is made from a mixture of high quality vegetable/paraffin mix, it has a cotton, lead free wick and is hand finished. They're a real treat to own and fill the room with fragrance even whilst unlit.

Baies is a divine mixture of roses and blackcurrant leaves, It combines floral with fruity making it perfect for summer. I normally prefer autumnal, sweet and spicy scents but Baies has a hint of warmth and depth that's so appealing, the complimentary mix of delicate rose and fresh blackcurrant leaves work so beautifully together.

Burning my first Diptyque candle has felt like the ultimate treat, I've taken care to keep it lit for 2 hours on the first burn and will upkeep it by trimming and straightening the wick.

Diptyque candles are perfect to give as gifts, or to buy as a treat for yourself. The dreamy packaging means that you can re-use them post burn to house flowers, store cotton buds or make up brushes in. It's made the perfect addition to my dressing table and I already have my eye on Vetyver next to try.

What's your favourite Diptyque scent?

    Posts Related

  • bath amp; body,beauty,decor,Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment