AUGUST'S FUCHSIA FAVOURITES

I can't believe that we're over half way through the year and drawing near to autumn already! August remained pretty rainy and humid with the odd sweltering day in-between. I spent my days mostly inside, binge watching Merlin on Netflix, knitting little hats for The Big Knit and baking cakes inspired by GBBO!

Beauty:

Darker shades of fuchsia have helped to create the perfect, transitional lip shade for me in August. I've been wearing a combination of Revlon Wild Orchid which is a great dupe for MAC Show Orchid, Revlon Lovesick, a pretty, bright fuchsia pink (swatched here) and Revlon Lip Butter in Lollipop, a fuchsia that leans lightly towards berry shades. These all work so well paired with a high ponytail, winged liner and a cosy grey jumper.

With the colder, rainy days that we've had this month, my skin has felt quite dry and in need of a little extra hydration. Balance Me Radiance Face Mask has helped to keep my skin nourished, smooth and glowing. It's free of Parabens, sulphates, petroleum and artificial fragrances and contains kaolin clay, walnut shells, sweet almond oil and aloe vera to smooth, brighten and hydrate.

Aside from an occasional glitter accent nail or glitter ombre tips, I usually keep my nails quite subtle and save the glittery nail polishes for the festive period. However, I've been painting Barry M Magenta Glitter on my toes and loving it, there's something about having glittery toes that makes me so happy, it makes me secretly excited for winter and Christmas too!

August's dark, gloomy mornings have made me long for hot bubble baths and so on the days when I just want a quick shower I've been using The Comforter Shower Cream as it helps to give you that warm, comforting fix. The sweet, warming scent of berry and vanilla lingers on your skin and it leaves your skin silky smooth.

The humidity has wreaked havoc with my hair this month leaving it a dry and frizzy mess. Although oils and rich conditioners have helped to counteract this, they can also weigh quite heavy in my hair. I've been spraying the Charles Worthington Volume and Bounce Texturising Spray into the roots and lengths of my hair to give it a well needed boost of volume. It's a great affordable alternative to the Oribe Dry Texturising Spray and smells incredible.

What were your favourite products in August?

    Posts Related

  • beauty,Favourites,lifestyle,Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment