THE BEST OF HIGH STREET MAKE UP

h&m beauty
High street make up brands have seriously upped their game recently, the packaging, formulas and prices are competitive and the ranges are pretty impressive. Here are a few of my favourite picks from the following brands:


Topshop Beauty
Supposedly made by the same company as MAC, Topshop's Make up range is beautiful and has been a favourite of mine for a long time. The lipsticks are creamy and long lasting, the blushers are pigmented and the packaging is gorgeous and feels well made and sturdy.
My favourite products of the range are the highlighters, especially Topshop's Glow Highlighters as they are beautifully iridescent and give an almost ethereal glow to the skin. I also love Topshop's Chameleon Glow eyeshadow in Shuffle the Cards, it's a buttery smooth shimmery rose gold and a great dupe for Nars Outer Limits. The blushers, lipsticks and nail polish shade range and formula are also divine.


H&M Beauty
I spent a long time in H&M last weekend swatching and testing out their new make up line. The collection looks impressive, it's affordable and the shade range is incredible. The packaging completely drew me in with it's dreamy hexagon shapes, monochromes and golds. However, although alluring, some of the packaging feels quite fragile and a little plastic.
The pencil eyeliners, cream eyeshadows and blushers are my favourites of the range, they're pigmented, long lasting and blend seamlessly onto the skin. The eyeshadows ranged vastly depending on the shade, 'Chin Chin' was beautifully pigmented and buttery smooth but most of the glittery shades felt quite chalky and had a lot of glitter fallout.
I picked up the eyeliner in Grand Cru, a light golden champagne which is unbelievably soft, creamy and long lasting and a Pure Velvet Cream Blush in Hot Pink, a blendable, pigmented deep berry pink.


Accessorize Beauty
The make up selection in my local store was quite small but I managed to swatch a few eyeshadows and lip products from the line. The eyeshadow formula was impressive, buttery, shimmery and pigmented and the lip products were pigmented and creamy.
Out of everything I was most drawn to the new nail polish design, it has to be the prettiest nail polish bottle that I've ever seen! The rose gold and geometric glass dome makes a such dreamy combination, it looks beautiful sitting on my dressing table. I bought the shade Petrol, a matte blue grey, the formula is quite thick but this may be due to it being a matte shade (which I didn't realise until application!) It took two coats for an opaque finish and lasted well on the nails. I'm really not a fan of matte shades and so unfortunately I'm not sure I'll get a lot of use from it, I love the look of the nude and light shimmery shades, I'll have to test those out next!

Which is your favourite high street make up range?

    Posts Related

  • beauty,Favourites,Make up,Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment