A FRIDAY CATCH UP – WEDDING PLANNING AND COLDS


I've spent the most part of this week ill in bed, drinking endless mugs of lemon, ginger and honey teas whilst watching Netflix and wedding planning. It's actually been quite nice to switch off for a while, I've felt a little lost with my blog and with life in general and being sick really forced me to take a well needed step back. I've spent hours reading some of my favourite lifestyle blogs including CiderWithRosie, ARosieOutlook and TheLondoner (three Rosie's!) and have fallen back in love with blogging all over again.

As for wedding planning, I'm not much further on than my first wedding planning post. I've poured through magazines and holiday brochures to get an idea of possible locations and honeymoons. I've been browsing for the prettiest bouquets and dreaming of the perfect vanilla sponge cake.


Following an Ocado food delivery on Tuesday and at the joy of having a fully stocked fridge again, I've been making steaming bowls of vegetable chilli topped with jalapeño lime guacamole to help fend off mine and Alex's colds and to build our immune systems back up. I throw in as many vegetables as possible (courgettes, green beans, sweetcorn, leeks) along with a tin of chickpeas, half a tin of kidney beans, a jar of passata and a chilli spice mix. It's lasting us the rest of the week and can be topped on jacket potatoes with heaps of cheese, wrapped in tortillas with rice and salad or enjoyed in a bowl with guacamole and brown rice.


I'm finally venturing out of the house today, I'm on the hunt for a window sill herb garden and have plans to browse Topshop's make up aisles. I've popped on a few of my favourite pinks (Sleek Rose Gold blusher, Nars Satin Lip Pencil in Yu & Maybelline Color Tattoo in Pink Gold) and I'm ready to go.

    Posts Related

  • food,lifestyle,Reviews,wedding

No comments:

Post a Comment