TRANSITIONAL LIPSTICKS #2

autumn lipsticks

Now that it's September, I've put my brighter lipsticks to one side in favour of hints of berry, fuchsia and subtle plum shades. I'm so excited for autumn and love wearing these hues, they all look so pretty on the lips and are great for the transition into the colder months.

mac plumful swatch
(swatched in order mentioned below)

Fuchsia is the perfect transitional shade, it lets you hold onto bright pinks whilst the purple tones hint at autumn. Revlon Wild Orchid is a creamy fuchsia with pink and blue micro shimmer running through it that gives it a lustre sheen, it's a great dupe for MAC Show Orchid and really helps to brighten up gloomy autumnal days.

I've been reaching for Maybelline Color Drama Lipstick in Keep It Classy almost daily, it's long lasting, pigmented and creamy on the lips. It's a beautiful red toned plum that when applied straight from the pencil gives you a bold, berry lip. My favourite way to apply this is to dab a little of the colour onto moisturised lips and then blend with your finger to leave a pretty tinted satin stain.

Berry shades have been slowly creeping their way back into my make up bag, for a subtle sheen Revlon Lip Butter in Berry Smoothie gives a hint of berry whilst keeping your lips soft and lightly moisturised. Revlon Lip Balm Stain in Crush dabbed on and then rubbed in with your finger leaves a berry stain that's not too bold and autumnal, making a great transitional shade.

Lastly, the latest lipstick to my collection MAC Plumful, gives a beautiful mauve berry pink sheen to the lips. It's the perfect sheer berry lip that lasts for a few hours on me before fading, also as a lustre finish it's silky and feels light and soft on the lips which I love. This looks so great paired with champagne eyeshadow and plenty of mascara, it's a beautiful lipstick and I know it will be my go-to shade in autumn!

    Posts Related

  • beauty,Make up,Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment