HOME GOALS

After passing the two year mark for our rental flat this year, I decided to note down some home goals for the year ahead. I'm so grateful to have a lovely light and airy flat but it still doesn't completely feel like home, I've mapped out a few plans to hopefully make it feel a little more so.

Update our Living Room:
Our old, tiny, battered chocolate brown sofa has long seen it's best days and so we've decided it's finally time to invest in new seating arrangements, my dream loveseat from Made is still a little out of reach and so we've settled on the more budget friendly and affordable option of the DFS Angelic sofa in grey.
I've also fallen head over heels for this copper floor lamp from Made, I love it's simplistic design! Lighting brings so much to a room, it's certainly an investment piece but one to treasure for a long time.

Create a Workspace Area:
Having a nice work space with everything organised and close to hand really helps to up my productivity levels. I'm currently on the lookout for a new desk, something along the lines of this Graphix white desk, or a cheap ikea one like this that I can personalise a little with copper or gold spray paint. 
I'm also keeping an eye out for inspirational prints and pretty decor, I love this Gold Alphabet Letter from Oliver Bonas!
Colour schemes: 
My current plans are for a crisp, clean, white canvas with pops of colour (mint, corals, pinks), metallic's and greys. For the kitchen I'm aiming for marble, gold accessories (cutlery, serving spoons), white, wood & grey. My living room is attached to the kitchen and so will hopefully follow a similar theme with a hint of copper/rose gold and pop's of colour. Lastly my bedroom is a little more airy and light with wintry tones and cool hues -white/cream, silver, teal/mint and grey.

Add Greenery:
Not only do plants help to improve indoor air quality, they brighten up the home with fresh bursts of green. After successfully propagating my first succulent (succulent babies are so cute!) I'm planning on creating a little terrarium succulent garden, this terrarium looks like the ideal place to start!
I'm also planning on making a windowsill herb garden, hopefully filled with basil, thyme and rosemary. Tiger have some affordable organic seeds in at the moment, so I might try and start completely from scratch! 

Decor Plans:
My plans are to invest in a set of new bedding - love this ikea set, I'm also planning on snapping up this copper lampshade for my office/dressing table area, Lastly I'm on the hunt for some bathroom storage, I love these gold and copper baskets from H&M home!

Do you have any home updates planned this year?

    Posts Related

  • decor,interiors,lifestyle

No comments:

Post a Comment